What do you need fro a motorhome. Motorhoming around scotland has become more popular. This blog is geared at making you think about what you need from your motorhome to have a memorable holiday.
Motorhomes come in all shapes and sizes and have their own advantages and disadvantages. Our basic model the Islay which is small and compact with all the amenities you need. The Luxuary Kontik model has all the extra comforts of home but in contrast is 1.5 meters longer in length.
- The Islay is easier to drive and manouvere in and around the smaller villages and towns and on the single track roads the passing places are easier to navigate in and out off.
- Its economical to drive at 35miles to the gallon but its downside is less luxary in compariosn to the larger Kontiki model.
- Its been designed to allow maximum use of the space benefitting from a large lounge for relaxing in the evenings, this model has a french style double bed, large wet room.
The Kontiki Motorhome
- The Kontiki has all the luxuries of a 5 star hotel full size double bed accessible from both sides including linen, towels, bath robes, slippers and toiletries.
- The bathroom has a separate shower rather than a wet room.
- There is a large amount of storage space in the garage, under the bed as well as overhead lockers.
- The kitchen has a good amount of work top space, large fridge freezer and an electric cooking ring along with x3 gas cooking rings, seperate oven and grill.
- However she is bigger at 8.5 meters therefore can be more challenging to drive. Therefore more planning is required to ensure you don’t become in a tight situation, especially when parking in car parks or in villages.
All of our motorhomes come fully equipped with-
- garage area, accessories ie – BBQ, picnic table and chairs.
- Kitchens with built in microwave, gas burner stove and oven & grill.
- The bathroom in the smaller motorhomes are wet rooms in comparison to the Kontiki’s which has a separate shower cubicle.
- Fully programmable heating and hot water system. Working on a thermostat providing a warm and comfortable motorhome. It can even work off the app on your mobile.
- Captin style swivel seats making the most of your can space.
Above when thinking about which model suits your needs best, you need to be aware of your driving limitations. Even the smaller Islay can prove challenging to drive on the narrower two way roads.