Extended Living in A Motorhome
by Scottish Tourer
November 04, 2019
It’s a lifestyle with so much to offer , have you ever considered just packing up and seeing where the world takes you? If you have its always good to bear a few things in mind, gather all the facts you can and speak to those who have done it already. Whether you plan an extended holiday, 6 months or travelling for longer it can be done without missing the house. With view like this why would you miss the house?
You wont be stuck in the same place for days, weeks on end. It’s a lifestyle that allows you to travel to the ends of the country, into the depths of history and the breadth of the landscape. You can Travel, sightseeing, integrate with local cultures and generally experience the world from a fresh set of eyes.
It doesn’t have to be expensive you wont book into a campsite every night like some may on a short holiday. You will wild camp, embrace a more basic life and appreciate the simple things in life.
Things to Consider before you set off.
- How long do you plan to be away? Are you planning to rent your house, leave it empty or even sell up?
- Where do you plan to go? This really depends on how long you are away for. Most people who are going for 6 months or longer tend to do their home country and then head to Europe. The world really is your Oyster.
- Do you have a bucket list or are you going with the flow. Many people like some plan generally what countries, how long for and any places they wish to visit or explore while they are there.
- Ensure you have all relevant paperwork there’s nothing worse than being all ready to set off and you’ve forgotten something. Planning paperwork may be dull but its essential to ensure your adventure isn’t cut short before its started.
- Packing less is more you don’t want to be bogged down with belongings and have no space to enjoy your motorhome so trying to pack as lightly as you can is beneficial to you. If you have hobbies , do you plan to hire or take equipment with you? Planning ahead to use laundrettes and where these are may also be an idea.
- Having an understanding of the countries you want to visit is essential, where you can fuel, currencies, language barriers and culture is worth looking into. You want to be able to go and enjoy yourselves and not be stressed out about where to find basic amenities.
- Know your motorhome before you set off. Sounds simple doesn’t it? Ensure if you haven’t had the vehicle long you have the instructions for everything included in your motorhome. If your buying from a dealer or privately its always worth doing some trouble shooting so you know how to do things when things don’t work or break down. Having a basic knowledge of parts and where to source these can be handy.
- You don’t have to go without your luxuries of home. You can still have access to the internet. Everyone likes to hear how your getting on when your away. In our motorhomes they are all fitted with a TV, SAT NAV, reversing camera, awning , cooker, hob, microwave , fridge and boiler as standard.
For more information on motorhomes avalible to hire see our website at https://www.scottishtourer.co.uk/
Wild Camping In Scotland→