Renting an RV in Scotland
by Scottish Tourer
March 09, 2022
Scotland is a wonderful place to be in an RV spending your days however you wish. From adventure vacations, historic trips, sandy beaches, wildlife spotting, island hopping, fine dining or relaxing by a river. Whatever vacation ticks the boxes an RV in Scotland will have them sorted. At Scottish Tourer we provide a professional, friendly and comprehensive service. With over 30 years of RV experience we are always keen to help people plan that perfect vacation. When you are travelling a distance prior to arriving you want to be sure you have got it right.
When you arrive at our depot a short drive away are local amenities where you can pick up some supplies for your first few days away in your RV. We provide you with a video prior to arrival and will go round the outside to ensure you are aware of everything that is included and how it works. We also provide a paper copy of how to use all appliances inside as well as a copy of the video to refer back to. We are however always available on the phone should you require any help or assistance whilst on your vacation.
What do I need to know?
- Travelling from abroad to rent an RV? Be sure to check all your travel documents. We can help ensure you have the most wonderful vacation with ourselves, but only if you can get here first. Ensuring passports are valid, travel insurance is in place and checking you have the correct categories on your drivers licence to drive our RV’s. Our website provides further information regarding what we need you to bring so be sure to pop over for a visit. www.socttishtourer.co.uk . We can be contacted via or email address or phone for any further enquires or to make things clearer about requirements.
- We cater for couples primarily in our RV’s however we do also have family RV’s on our fleet. Each of our RV’s cater for a slightly different holiday and often our customers have in mind what they are looking for. We are more than happy to help guide you to the best RV to complete your vacation in if you let us know what you like, where you plan to visit , how long you are here for and budget. We aim to provide a 5* service so your vacation is a home from home with many wonderful memories made in Scotland.
- Essentials that are provided as standard, includes, sat nav (build in with wild camp spots, water and waste points and gas stations),map, route planner, first aid kit, reversing cameras, parking sensors, central heating, bike rack, wifi, TV, Cooker, Hob, microwave (only available with electric hook up), memory mattresses, BBQ, chairs and table, levelling ramps and the kitchen area is complete with crockery.
- Extras can be provided in your RV such as bikes, golf clubs, hairdryer, travel cot, bedding, childrens car seats and of course airport or train pick ups. We can collect you at your chosen destination and bring you to our depot direct, taking the complications of finding taxis ect away and offering a personalised service to our customers. We have a company minibus which provides a comfortable and spacious journey for you and your party with ample space for any luggage and add ons that you may have. Please ensure if you require extras to add these at booking to avoid disappointment on arrival at peak times.
- What should I pack? From our own extensive experience of travelling in an RV little is more. You wouldn’t want to have so many belongings you struggle to find storage space whilst away. All of our RV’s have ample storage space and can be viewed on our website. We would encourage you to discuss any larger items you may bring with you to ensure they will fit safely in our RVs and to prevent damage to our equipment or yours.
Before travelling ensure you have had a look at our website here you will find some fantastic route planners that cover all areas of Scotland. Here you could begin to make a plan of how you want to spend your holiday in Scotland and make a list of where you would like to visit. Often customers have a wish list of where to visit whether that be places of historical interest, whiskey trails, coastal routes or walking/hiking. There is a route to suit everyone and for the time frame you have. To make the most of your holiday try to ensure you aren’t spending to much time driving or you wont get the chance to truly appreciate the beauty and uniqueness of Scotlands countryside. You will see some spectacular views , wonderful wildlife, flowing rivers, vast lochs, winding roads leading you into the mountains and above all you will leave with memories to cherish for a lifetime.
← Top 10 tips for motorhome living
Dip into the beaches of Scotland→